Jubilee House Soldier Cited Among Alleged Coup Plotters

Jubilee House Soldier Cited Among Alleged Coup Plotters

A military officer attached to Jubilee House, the seat of government, has been picked up among the suspects of an alleged coup plot.

According to pro-government news source, Daily Guide Network, Corporal Zakaria Waheed is among 11 persons under investigation for the alleged “elaborate plot” to destabilise the country.

“His attachment to the seat of government where he has served for a while now as a guard, has jolted many who have been following the story.

“The development feeds into [a plan to detonate] an Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) and [subsequently kidnap] the President as contained in the telltale video evidence now in the custody of investigators at the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) and the Defence Intelligence Directorate of the Ghana Armed Forces,” the according to Daily Guide Network.

His appearance on the list also presents him as a ‘valuable asset’ — a term used in the spy community for important sources of intelligence, according to the news portal.

“Investigators would, for instance, want to find out details of his interactions with those who engaged him for the destabilisation project, among other details.

“The ultimate objective of the coup plotters can only be achieved with the involvement of somebody within the security details at the seat of government. The decision of the plotters to get a suspect as Cpl Waheed, could have been informed by this reality,” the news network analysed.

It is not clear how deep Cpl Waheed is allegedly involved.

The video recording about the various scenarios which a few people have been privy to suggests that, the IEDs are packed with an immobilising chemical, the inhalation of which incapacitates those within the vicinity of the explosion, the pro-government news source reported.

Six serving military officers have already been picked up by police in connection with the alleged plot.

Lance Corporal Ali Solomon, Seidu Abubakar, Albert Baba Ibrahim, Godwin Nii Ankrah, Sylvester Kpebu, and a lady identified only as WO2 Esther have been charged with possession of explosives, arms and ammunition without lawful authority.

They have since been put before the Kaneshie District Court.

Last week a senior military officer and a civilian, who, the government said were also part of the “elaborate plot” to subvert the state, were slapped with similar charges.

The senior military officer, Colonel Samuel Kojo Gameli and the civilian employee of the Ghana Armed Forces, Gershon Akpa, were charged on Friday, September 27.

State Prosecutors on Tuesday pressed similar charges against Dr Frederick Yao Mac-Palm, Dornyah “Ezor” Kafui (a local weapon manufacturer) and Bright Allan Debrah Ofosu (aka BB or ADC) (freight manager).

State Prosecutor, ASP Sylvester Asare on Friday, informed the Kaneshie District Court that the soldier and the civilian are members of ‘Take Action Ghana’, a group led by Dr Mac-Palm.

He said they intended to engage in a series of demonstrations geared at toppling the government.

Government in a statement released on Monday September 23, said a joint security operation led to the retrieval of several arms, explosive devices and ammunition from locations in Accra and Kpone-Bawaleshie in Dodowa.

Mr Riddims

Your Favorite Entertainment And News Portal Contact us: deejaywonder75@gmail.com / +233541068742

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *