The Ghana Pentecostal and Charismatic Council (GPCC) has debunked allegations that Prophet Isaac Owusu Bempah provided prophetic direction for the former Chairman of the Church of Pentecost, Apostle Prof. Opoku Onyinah.
In a statement, the GPCC said Prof Opoku Onyinah and Rev. Nana Anyani Boadum met Reverend Owusu Bempah over some utterances he had made about some Ministers of God in the country.
According to the Council, the meeting was at the behest of the National Executive Council of the Ghana Pentecostal and Charismatic Council in 2016 to discuss some conduct issues with Prophet Owusu Bempah.
The Council therefore, urged the Ghanaians public to ignore and treat as falsehood the video gone viral in which Prophet Owusu-Bempah was said to be giving prophetic direction.
Below are details of a statement by the Council
- The said meeting was at the behest of the National Executive Council of the Ghana Pentecostal and Charismatic Council in 2016 to discuss with Prophet Owusu Bempah his utterances on some Bishops in the media and his prophecies of the death of some notable members of the Ghanaian society.
- The Council delegated its President and then Chairman of the Church of Pentecost, Apostle Prof. Opoku Onyinah and Rt. Rev. Dr. Rev. Nana Anyani Boadum, a member of the National Executive Council, to meet with Prophet Owusu Bempah instead of the entire National Executive Council meeting hm, so that Prophet Owusu Bempah would not feel like he was on trial.
- The meeting was held on the porch of the Church of Pentecost Chairman’s official residence in a very cordial atmosphere. In the meeting, Apostle Prof. Opoku Onyinah sought to understand the prophetic ministry of Prophet Owusu Bempah and how he began his ministry. The prophet took time to tell the GPCC delegation how he began.
- After listening to Prophet Owusu Bempah, Apostle Prof. Opoku Onyinah advised him on how men of God should communicate what God gives or reveals to them in public, being sensitive to the sensibilities of those they prophesy to.
- According to our two elders, Apostle Prof. Opoku Onyinah and Rt. Rev. Dr. Nana Anyani Boadum, Prophet Owusu demeanour at the meeting was very respectful, and he accepted the counsel of the Apostle Professor. The Apostle Professor thanked the prophet for attending to his call, and the meeting ended in the same warm and friendly atmosphere in which it began. Our two elders subsequently reported what transpired at the meeting back to the National Executive Council. Our two elders who were at the meeting and the rest of the members of the National Executive Council, therefore, find the twist of what happened very strange and unfortunate.